Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Little Bit “Off The Page”

 

I was sent this gorgeous Ornate Shadow Box Frame M153.

M153_ORNATE_SHADOW_BOX 

These Off The Page Pieces are cut in MDF, and they are beautifully done.  They fit together so easily, even after the pieces have been cut.  so much better than other brands.  I was put off making Off the Page pieces due to my difficulty in putting them together, but not anymore!  These are awesome!

I decided to create a bit of a tribute to my Great Uncle, who served in the Australian Air Force during World War II.  He was actually in Darwin when it was bombed, and was lucky enough to survive.  After the war, he returned to Ipswich, but later followed his daughter to Western Australia.  Nanna was very sad that she never saw him again after that.  I plan on giving this to her for Christmas:

Lest-We-Forget

To make this, I first painted all the pieces BEFORE I put it all together.  I used a Chocolate Paint, and then went over it randomly with a Ranger Dauber in Gold to give it a bit of depth.  Then I traced around the front frame onto the paper I wanted to use to get the dimensions.  I cut the frame out slightly smaller than the MDF front, so it would have a slight border.  Once I had all my prep work done, I put it all together.  The pieces fit together perfectly, and just needed a tiny dab of glue on the tabs.

I also used the WOW – Words or Whatever “Lest We Forget” Title C866 which I also painted with a Ranger Dauber – Gold.  Once the glue was dry on my Shadow Box, I started to put it all together.  I just lightly sanded the edge of the photo before adhering it on to the back of the frame.  I inked around the paper frame with a dark brown ink, and glued it onto the front of the Shadow Box.  I adhered the title to the base of the Shadow Box, and then place a little nest with 3 eggs in the right hand corner of the Shadow Box.  I tried to add a bit of an “Aussie Theme” by fussy cutting some Australian Flora from my paper, and layering it onto the top right corner.  I wanted to make them look aged so I painted them over with some Crackle Accents.  I also added a picture of a Budgie, which was distressed by wet paper crumpling, then inking when it was dry.  I finished the whole piece off by adding some coordinating flowers.

Here is a close up of my Title, and the Frame.

Lest-We-Forget-CU

Thanks for joining me again, I’ll be back again tomorrow with some more sharesSmile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.